Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Life of Worship

My gosh I did not realize it had been a year since I last posted…time flies when you're having fun! Since my last post my baby girl was born and is now ten and a half months old, which I can hardly believe. She is beautiful and everything I dreamed she would be. She is an incredibly joyful baby and already has a love for life that is absolutely contagious. I love her more than I thought possible.
We also got another dog…another german shepherd mix named Sirius Black. He is all black and on track to be about twice the size of Kiara. He's a bit of a terror but we love him, despite our better judgement! We are loving life and cannot believe how much God has blessed us since we've been married, which will be three years in October.

I have more of a passion than ever to see people worship with reckless abandon, inside and outside of the church. I think we try to keep God, and our worship to Him, confined in a little box that we open up on Sunday mornings and Sunday mornings ONLY.  Worship is something that we live…it's something that defines us. I want my life to truly and literally be a life of worship to Him; in my interactions with my family, in my ministry and the people I encounter through ministry, in all the little things I do every day that become routine. Worship should not start at the first song of a church service. By the time we come together as a congregation, we should have been in a constant state of worship since we left the week before. Can you imagine the impact that kind of worship would have on a church? On a community? It would be life-changing for every individual worshipper and anyone who comes into contact with them. What steps can you take this week to take your worship to the next level?

Don't know where to start?
1. Thank God for who He is, everything He has done and is doing in your life, and for the fact that He has great things in store for your future.
2. Ask Him to speak into your life, and be willing to obey and act on what He says.
3. Take time just to listen for His voice.
4. Look for opportunities to show His love to the people around you.
5. Commit everything you do this week to Him and for His Glory (it may change some of the things you find yourself doing)

2 comments: